[Mapserver-users] Multiple counties in a template file !!!

Dharani Babu dharanibabus at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 2 00:34:28 EST 2004

Tyler
Thanks for that . Yes steve pls advise me on usage of tileindex etc . But a
correction tyler ...
I am no longer using tiger file directly ( OGR connection as u showed me )
but instead I have downloaded the TIGER Line 2000 files in *shape* file
format from
http://arcdata.esri.com/data/tiger2000/tiger_download.cfm
http://www.esri.com/data/download/census2000_tigerline/index.html
and have at me hands the following layers for NH -rockingham county ...
Line Features - Roads lkA
Line Features - Rails lkB
Line Features - Misc. Transport lkC
Line Features - Landmarks lkD
Line Features – Physical lkE
Line Features – Non-visible lkF
Line Features – Hydrography lkH
Line Features – Unknown lkX
County 2000  cty00
Designated Places 2000 plc00
Key Geographic Locations kgl
Landmark Polygons lpy
Landmark Points lpt
Water Polygons wat
Landmark Polygon Names lpy2

The status with these layers are ..I am able to display line features like
roads , rails but not hydrography ( dont know why but have attached my MAP
file below for ur reference )
I am able to display all polygons - water , landmarks .but still labels are
missing . I am yet to implement the ideas given my tyler in another reply .
NOT AT ALL ABLE TO DISPLAY THE POINTS - key geograpic locations , designated
places , etc.
So this my status and I will update soon after my progress . My ultimate aim
is to have an app that will render the choosen states ..and then on the
states users click on to zoom into layers of counties ...etc and also with
LOCATION QUERY feature to locate and zoom in to the area entered by the user
. I am working on this also as tyler gave me some more links ...
my map file
#
# Start of map file
#
FONTSET "c:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/demof/etc/fonts.txt"
NAME DEMO
STATUS ON
SIZE 800 800
EXTENT -71.451310 42.737590 -70.575094 43.274201
#UNITS DEGREES
SHAPEPATH "C:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/demof/NH-RM/"
IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255

IMAGETYPE png

#
# Start of web interface definition
#
WEB
  HEADER tiger
  TEMPLATE temp_shp1.html
  FOOTER demo_footer.html
#  MINSCALE 1000
#  MAXSCALE 1550000
  IMAGEPATH "C:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/temp_shp1/"
  IMAGEURL "/temp_shp1/"
  # LOG "demo.log"
END

QUERYMAP
  SIZE 200 200
  STATUS ON
  STYLE HILITE
  COLOR 255 0 0
END

#
# Start of reference map
#
REFERENCE
  IMAGE graphics/dem.gif
  EXTENT 481314.93 5620068.63 703440.19 5837331.76
  SIZE 200 192
  STATUS OFF
  COLOR -1 -1 -1
  OUTLINECOLOR 255 0 0
END

#
# Start of legend
#
LEGEND
  KEYSIZE 18 12
  LABEL
    TYPE BITMAP
    SIZE MEDIUM
    COLOR 0 0 89
  END
  STATUS ON
END

#
# Setting up output formats
#

OUTPUTFORMAT
  NAME png
  DRIVER "GD/PNG"
  MIMETYPE "image/png"
  IMAGEMODE RGB #PC256
  EXTENSION "png"
END

#
# Start of scalebar
#
SCALEBAR
  IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255
  LABEL
    COLOR 255 255 255
    SIZE tiny
  END
  STYLE 1
  SIZE 50 2
  COLOR 255 255 255
  UNITS KILOMETERS
  INTERVALS 1
  TRANSPARENT TRUE
  STATUS TRUE
END

SYMBOL
  NAME "circle"
  TYPE ellipse
  FILLED true
  POINTS
    1 1
  END
END

#
# Start of layer definitions
#

LAYER
#LABELMAXSCALE 200000
LABELITEM "FENAME"
GROUP tigerdata
NAME tgr33015lkA
TYPE LINE
STATUS DEFAULT
#CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
#CONNECTION "C:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/demof/NH-RM/"
DATA "NH-RM/tgr33015lkA"
CLASS
#SYMBOL "circle"
#SIZE 1