[Mapserver-users] --with-php, Mapserver 4.0.1, and Fedora

Lindsay C. Blanton lindsay at lcblanton.com
Wed Apr 7 12:57:36 EDT 2004

Hello Folks!  I'm fairly new to the MapServer scene, but must say I am
extermemly impressed with this application, it's functionality, and it's
features.

I've implemented a proof-of-concept using GEMPAK (Meteorogical Software
Libraries) to display NEXRAD radar data, Watches and Warnings, and other
products at the street level by using Tiger Street SHP files and other
shp files sources implemented in numerous layers in MapServer (3.6.7).

However, I'm now beginning to embark upon PHP integration with MapServer
and I cannot get MapServer 4.0.1 to compile with php support
(--with-php=DIR)

My environment is the following:

Linux Fedora Core 1
Apache 2

Because I see that the MapServer make process requires the PHP sources,
I downloaded the source RPM's for PHP, and pointed the --with-php=DIR
directive to the source directory where they were installed, however the
configure script is still complaining that config.h / php_config.h is
not present.  I can't find these files anywhere in the latest
distributions of PHP 4.3.5, nor with the Redhat Sources for php.

Has anyone compiled MapServer 4.0.1 on a RedHat Fedora Core machine, and
if so, what do I need to be doing properly to compile MapServer with php
functionality?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Lindsay