[Mapserver-users] Compiling PHP_MapScript.dl...

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Apr 8 15:08:52 EDT 2004

I just tried the function using a small script with the dll posted :

  <?php
dl ("php_mapscript_41.dll");

echo ms_getversion();
?>

results are

MapServer version 4.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
OUTPUT=PDF OUTPUT=SWF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE
SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

It seems to me that the php mapscript dll module did not load on your
machine for some reason (common problem being some dll's related to
mapserver library were not loaded). My best guess is maybe, you did not
install the libpq dll (which is related to the postgis and available in
the zip). But this is just a guess. I also suggest that you use a tool
like depend.exe (http://www.dependencywalker.com/) that let you identity
if you miss some dependent dlls.

Later,

Assefa Yewondwossen