[Mapserver-users] mapserv cgi andraster layers again

Pericles S. Nacionales nacional at cbs.umn.edu
Fri Apr 16 15:29:27 EDT 2004

Andrew,

Have a look at your Apache error_log.  Chances are some of your
libraries are not being seen by MapServer.  If this is the case and
assuming you have installed the libraries you compiled in "/usr/local/",
run the command "/sbin/ldconfig" as root to create/refresh the links to
your libraries.  You can then run "/sbin/ldconfig -p | more" to check
that the libraries needed by MapServer are "registered".  If they're
not, edit /etc/ld.so.conf as root and add "/usr/local/lib" (or wherever
you installed your libraries).  You can then rerun "/sbin/ldconfig" and
your problems should go away.

One caveat:  There may be reasons not to add "/usr/local/lib" to your
ld.so.conf file.  You might have duplicate libraries that could screw
other things.

Good luck!
-Perry N.