[Mapserver-users] Itemquery - getting started, having problems

Mike Reilly mikereilly_7 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 18 17:37:50 EDT 2004

Hi:

I'm just starting to try to work with itemquery and itemnquery.  I've read
the cgi reference, the mapfile reference, trolled through the archives and
spent a number of hours trying to get this started.  I'm obvoiusly missing
something significant, however.  Here's what I'm working with:

A number of shapefiles to create maps from - I have all other functions
working on my application - can zoom, pan, query the map, etc.  What I want
to do now is be able to link to the map from other pages in order to display
a single site - either point or polygon from one of two shapfiles -
tuspoints and mergeplys.  Both of these shapefiles have a field (attribute?)
named SITEID.  I want to be able to display these point or poly sites on my
map based on whether they match a specific SITEID value.  After looking
through the docs and archives, I figured that forming a URL with
mode=itemquery was what I wanted (am I going in the right direction here?).
After looking at one of Richard Greenwood's sites, I figured this was
probably teh correct way to go.

I have not made any modifications to the shapefile I'm using in order to use
mode=itemnquery (am I missing something here?).  Here's an example of a URL
I tried to create in order to get my map displayed correctly:

http://192.168.0.3/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=f:/program%20files/apache%20group/apache2/htdocs/Kitasoo/tus2-1.map&mode=itemquery&qitem=SITEID&qstring=1010&layer=landpl+streamln+lakespl+conmajl&qlayer=tuspoints

This gives me the following output:

msQueryByAttributes(): Search returned no results. No matching record(s)
found.

In the tuspoints layer, there is a site with a SITEID that has the value
1010.  Not sure why I'm getting no matching records found.  Can anyone point
me in the right direction here?