[Mapserver-users] mapObj clone() method problem

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 20 10:01:19 EDT 2004

Alexandros Chimarios wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem using Python Mapscript. In particular when i invoke
> mapObj.clone() method i got a segmentation fault. This is my source code :
>
> mo = mapObj('/usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/geodata/world.map')
> mo_clone = mo.clone()
>
> However, when I created a subclass of mapObj, then the clone method run
> normally. But i have noticed that the clone method runs ok for 2 times. if I
> try to invoke it the 3rd time i get an segmenation fault again. For example :

Alexandros,

I don't think you mentioned which version of MapServer/MapScript you were using.
A bunch of fixes where implemented in the map cloning capability about six
weeks ago by Sean and I.  The 4.2 release should be in substantially better
shape than older versions.  If you still get the problem with 4.2 then please
submit a bug report including your mapscript fragment, and the .map file you
are working with.   Generally it is easy to track down the problems given that
and valgrind.

Best regards,