[Mapserver-users] Mapserver permissions?

Eduardo Patto Kanegae eduardo at consultoria.eti.br
Tue Apr 20 11:10:34 EDT 2004

If you're using the MapServer CGI version, your executable must have r+x perms. for the webserver user

your Temp dir ( where mapserver saves image files) must be r+w permissions for the webserver user.

if you're going to use datafiles like ShapeFiles, GeoTiffs, MapInfo files, etc... a nice tip is to put them outside a downloadable direcotory and give them permissions READ for webserver user. so, the CGI executable or PHPMapScript will be able to read the datafiles but users will not be able to download files via internet.

best.

Eduardo Patto Kanegae
http://www.consultoria.eti.br
UIN: 303747254