[Mapserver-users] Win32 mapparser.h and Compiling

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Apr 20 14:53:29 EDT 2004

Rene,

I was under the impression that the nightly build on the mapserver
download site contained these files but I was wrong. Is it possible to
include these automagically generated files into the nightly builds ?

  I usually build stuff on Linux from CVS to get these files and then
tranfer them  on windows to be able to continue building using vc++.

  I guess cygwin could also be used in this case although I have not
tried it yet.

  I could send you directly too the latest files of mapparser.x and
maplexer.x. So let me know.

Later,

Rene Teniere wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I know this topic is on the list already, however, I've been beating
> this thing dead for over 2 days now with no results.
>
> Problem: Need to compile the latest mapserver dev version to access all
> the WMS fixes. Can't seem to be able to do it correctly. Keep running
> into the famous Cannot open include file: mapparser.h
>
> I would like to get this working as I want to be able to get the latest
> version compiled whenever certain fixes are out. I know this would be
> simpler on a Unix system, however, I have no choice in this matter. Can
> anyone help me out? Any suggestions?
>
> I have read about putting the following into the makefile.vc:
>
> LEX =3D flex
> YACC = 3D bison
>
> Is this all I need? Any other external programs??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rene
>
> Rene J.R. Teniere - BSc., D.GIS
> GIS Technician
> Nova Scotia Department of Natural Resources
> Forestry Division (GIS) - Truro
>
> Phone: (902) 893-5655
> Mobile: (902) 209-8956

Assefa Yewondwossen