[Mapserver-users] ItemQuery Problems

Lindsay C. Blanton lindsay at lcblanton.com
Thu Apr 22 22:59:46 EDT 2004

Hello Everyone!

Needs some help with the itemquery mode.  I keep getting
"msQueryByAttributes(): Search returned no results. No matching
record(s) found, layer and area of interest do not overlap" no matter
what I do.

I'm trying to do simple county mapping for a single county (Dallas
County TX) using the SHP file data at:

http://nationalatlas.gov/county00m.html

My MapServer CGI URL looks like the following:

http://10.110.1.23/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/www/html/county/test.map&mo
de=itemquerymap&layer=county&qlayer=county&mapext=shapes&qitem=county&qs
tring=Dallas+County

My MapServer .map file is:

------ begin cut ---
MAP
  NAME test
  SHAPEPATH ./data
  SIZE 300 300

  WEB
    IMAGEPATH "/home/www/html/mstmp/"
    IMAGEURL "/mstmp/"
  END

  QUERYMAP
    STATUS ON
    STYLE HILITE
    COLOR 255 255 0
  END

  LAYER
    NAME county
    DATA co2000p020
    STATUS DEFAULT
    TYPE POLYGON
    CLASS
      COLOR 212 212 212
      OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
      TEMPLATE test.html
    END
  END

END

------ end cut ---

And my template file looks like the following:

<input name="img" type="image" src="[img]" border="0">

Any ideas why this is not working for me?  I am attempting to highlight
a single county in this example, yet, nothing is returned when quering
the shp file.

Please Help!!!!

-Lb