[Mapserver-users] layer->open(shape) Problem

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Fri Apr 23 11:25:24 EDT 2004

Wouldn't shapepath value be a directory containing all shapefiles?
I believe layer->open needs a single shapefile as an argument.

Lowell

The following message was sent by Sam Choudry <samuzzal at linux.net> on
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 06:03:46 -0700 (PDT).

> Hello,
>
> I was doing a point query and the querybypoint() was successful. But
in GMapDumpQueryResults(), for line

> 		$oLayer->open($map->shapepath);
>
> I got the following warning and error.
>
> Warning: Wrong parameter count for open() in
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\php\nalbari\barama.php on line 164
> Villages
> Name
>
> Fatal error: [MapServer Error]: msLayerGetShape(): Shapefile layer has
not been opened. in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\php\nalbari\barama.php on line 189

> As far I know, number and type of parameter passed is OK. Then why is
occuring. Can anybody give some hint. I am using MapScript V.4.1. Good Bye.