[Mapserver-users] proj.4 stuff

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Apr 23 11:33:57 EDT 2004

Bob Basques wrote:
> Ok, that's cool, so that's in the GDAL stuff, interesting.  Learn
> something everyday.  Although I didn't see any reference to it anywhere
> in my searching.
>
> So I took the above and made this Map File, is the correct way to
> implement (it didn't work, I get a blank page still):

Bob,

I don't see much obvious in the way of problems here, but I would
mention that EPSG:26915 is in meters, not feet.  The definition looks
like:
   +proj=utm +zone=15 +ellps=GRS80 +datum=NAD83 +units=m +no_defs

You really need to verify that converting the bounds of your tlg_roads_l
file into from the declared source projection into the declared output
projection actually gives bounds that intersect your map EXTENT declaration.

Best regards,