[Mapserver-users] mapObj clone() method problem

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Apr 23 12:56:53 EDT 2004

Alexandros Chimarios wrote:
> Dear Frank,
>
> I have upgraded to Mapserver 4.2beta version and the clone method suceeded ...
> but only for the first time. When I try to clone a mapObj for second time I
> get a segmentation fault error.

Hi,

I run your map through the map copy code, and sure enough there were lots of
problems.  I have committed a bunch of patches to mapcopy.c in the development
trunk (not 4.2).  While it was clean after that, I don't really trust the
map copying code.  It is poorly tested, and likely buggy in other venues.

I am not sure if it is worth merging the mapcopy.c changes back into 4.2
before final release or not. I will leave that to Daniel.

Best regards,