target for some bugs

Jean-Denis Giguere jdenisgiguere at FASTMAIL.FM
Mon Aug 2 11:47:01 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

This summer I had the great opportunity to work with the Mapserver. I
learnt a lot and it was really fun. It was fun because many people work
hard to make of Mapserver a good product, well documented. It was fun
also because there is a fantastic community around Mapserver. Many
people help others and this is great !

As my job placement is ending, I have to produce a report on Mapserver
utilisability. I have found almost all informations needed, but I have
to cite some bugs  that doesn't have target milestone. If you have an
idea of when some of them will be corrected, this info could help me
very much.

Here is a list of known bug. I really appreciate some of you could give
me more info about their status that what we found in bugzilla.

If you want, I may add you answer as new comments in the bugzilla database.

A tiny comment: There are many bugs with state = new in Mapserver's
bugzilla. It should be a good idea to change status more frequently. It
is not bad to set state to WONTFIX or LATER if no action is considered
for a bug. People who submitted bugs appreciate to know what will happen
with their suggestions. (At least, it's true for me :-) ) Of course, you
can always reopened a bug if new info make this pertinent.

Bugzilla Bug 337
          [WMS] Need a way to prevent layers from being served via WMS

Bugzilla Bug 397
          Color problems when using raster symbols and 8 bits PNG

Bugzilla Bug 653
          GetLegendGraphic only shows last class without label

Bugzilla Bug 688
          Enhance line symbolization

Not in database
          Does someone work to support NULL value in Mapserver raster
support. This may be usefull for query on raster.

Thank you !

Jean-Denis Giguère