Problems with Tiff images

Nico Alberti n8 at LANGHIRANO.IT
Wed Aug 18 06:47:40 EDT 2004

Hi everybody. I am trying to port my litlle MapScript application to a more
powerful computer but In the latter I came across a strange problem.

I have no problem displaying vector layers and data, but when I try to add a
raster layer, all I get is a blank image. The same happens if I try to use
tools like Maplab Unfortunately I am not a Mapserver expert, and I don't
know if, where and how I can find more detailed information for trying to
address this issue. Because this problem arises only with raster (tiff)
images, I guess the Gdal package is to blame, but I have no clue how to deal
with it.

The old server (they are both running Mandrake Linux 10.0) runs:

MapServer version 4.2.1 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT INPUT=TIFF
INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
and it was built against stock Mandrake libraries, gdal-1.1.9, php-4.3.6,
and proj-4.4.7

The new one, instead has:
MapServer version 4.2.2 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
and it was built against stock Mandrake libraries, gdal-1.2.1, php-4.3.8,
and PROJ.4-4.4.1-1.i586.rpm .

I guess I could replicate the old configuration, but:
- I would like to run the latest software and mostly
- I would like to know what is wrong with it :-)

Every advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

--
Ciao
Nico