PHP and MapScript setup issues on Win and IIS

Jacob Blankenship jhblankenship at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 19 09:51:27 EDT 2004

Hello All, I looking for a good source of information
on troubleshooting the setup of php and mapscript. I'm
trying to set it up on both Win XP and Advanced Server
2003, both are running IIS 5.1. I've gotten php
installed and it seems to work (I can get a php page
with a call to phpinfo() to run and return).
However, when I try adding a call to
dl(php_mapscript_42.dll) to the same test page the
following is returned:

"Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic
library 'C:\PHP\Extensions\php_mapscript_42.dll' - The
specified module could not be found. in
c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\test.php on line 5"

I have granted full access to 'C:\PHP\Extensions\' to
everyone, and edited my php.ini file to point to
C:\PHP\Extensions\ for extensions. And I've verfied
that MapServer is installed by running
http://localhost/Scripts/mapserv.exe?, which returns
the following: "No query information to decode.
QUERY_STRING not set."

I have MapServer 4.2, PHP 5.0 installed.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated,
Jacob