PHP and MapScript setup issues on Win and IIS

Jacob Delfos jacob.delfos at MAUNSELL.COM
Thu Aug 19 20:17:23 EDT 2004

Hi Jacob,

Have you made sure that your extension directories are in your System Path? For me, I had to map them for the system to be able to find them. Actually, later on when I deployed mapserver I just put them in the system directory, because I'm lazy, and to make sure it can definitely find the DLL's. Giving permissions to that folder doesn't mean your executables can find them.

It's probably best if you remove the permissions from your extension directory. You don't need people on the internet to be able to get to those files. It's only your own system that needs to be able to find them. Don't mix up permissions with the system path.

Regards,

Jacob

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Jacob Blankenship
Sent: 19 August 2004 21:51
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] PHP and MapScript setup issues on Win and IIS

Hello All, I looking for a good source of information
on troubleshooting the setup of php and mapscript. I'm
trying to set it up on both Win XP and Advanced Server
2003, both are running IIS 5.1. I've gotten php
installed and it seems to work (I can get a php page
with a call to phpinfo() to run and return).
However, when I try adding a call to
dl(php_mapscript_42.dll) to the same test page the
following is returned:

"Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic
library 'C:\PHP\Extensions\php_mapscript_42.dll' - The
specified module could not be found. in
c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\test.php on line 5"

I have granted full access to 'C:\PHP\Extensions\' to
everyone, and edited my php.ini file to point to
C:\PHP\Extensions\ for extensions. And I've verfied
that MapServer is installed by running
http://localhost/Scripts/mapserv.exe?, which returns
the following: "No query information to decode.
QUERY_STRING not set."

I have MapServer 4.2, PHP 5.0 installed.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated,
Jacob