Installation under Cygwin

Norman Vine nhv at CAPE.COM
Sun Aug 22 03:48:33 EDT 2004

Peter Sykora writes:

> I recently tried to install the mapserver under Windows using cygwin.

< snip >

> When I build the mapserver without any changings I get the error messages below.
>
> Thanks in advance for any hints

Hi Peter

It looks as if with a little hand editing of the Mapserver Makefile
will get you going see inline comments below

> Error messages:
> /usr/local/lib/libgdal.a(jdapimin.o)(.text+0x0):jdapimin.c: multiple
> definition of `_jpeg_CreateDecompress'

Try setting the line that includes libjpeg in your Makefile to be
from
JPEG_LIB= -ljpeg
JPEG_LIB=

> /usr/local/lib/libgdal.a(pngdataset.o)(.text+0x6fb):pngdataset.cpp:
> undefined reference to `_png_init_io'

You need to link against libpng

add -lpng to the GD_LIB line in your Makefile

HTH

Norman