javaMapscript compilation

Frank Rittinger gis at SCHNEGG.NET
Mon Aug 23 03:56:03 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 18 August 2004 14:44, Stéphane RIFF wrote:

> Exception in threa "main" java.lang.UnsatifiedLinkError: new_mapObj
>           at edu.umn.gis.mapscript.mapscriptJNI.new_mapObj(Native Method)
>           at edu.umn.gis.mapscript.mapObj.<init>(mapObj.java:330)
>           at myFirstMap.main(myFirstMap.java:11)

Hello Stephane,

this sounds like your linker can't find the libmapscript.so library.  After
compilation, you have to set up your linker in order to use the new library.
I think you can put it in some standard location, e.g. /usr/local/lib and run
ldconfig again.  I'm not sure about the right command parameters.

Regards,        Frank

--
Frank Rittinger

TERRAPLAN Geographische Informationssysteme
Gewerbestr. 33
79227 Schallstadt
Germany

Tel.: 07664-505315