Troubles with java mapscript compilation on windows

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Thu Dec 16 09:44:22 EST 2004

Howard Butler has a pre-compiled mapscript for windows and the 1.5
runtime.

   http://hobu.stat.iastate.edu/mapserver/build_output/4_4_0/none

You may want to try that to get started.

The problem with msSLDApplySLD() is probably because you did not
configure for WMS Client support.  The OWS code's conditional
compilation directives are screwed up and enforce some unnecessary
dependencies.

If you can not build a more capable MapServer (with Curl, and full
WMS/WFS), you can hack mapscript/swiginc/map.i and
mapscript/swiginc/layer.i and comment out the "applySLD",
"applySLDURL", and "generateSLD" methods.

cheers,
Sean