oracle spatial troubles

Francesco Sozzi fsozzi at INTERCAD.CH
Thu Dec 16 13:08:28 EST 2004

Hi all,

MAPSERVER 4.4
I'm trying reading oracle spatial tables from a server Oracle 9i Enterprise
Edition by use of mapserver 4.4.0.
The problem is that on submitting map file from browser, in one machine I
get a general protection fault, and in another I get a CGI error. In both
case I can't read any oracle spatial data.
I have to say that my mapserver installation works fine with shp and
rasters. I have troubles only with oracle.

MAPSERVER 4.2
I've also tried this version, and it works a little better. In this case I
can renderer points and lines, but if I try to renderer a polygon I get an
error (mapserver says that it finds no polygon geometry). These tables work
fine with other products (MapGuide, ArcView, MapObject, ecc...).

Anybody can suggest me something?...

regards

Francesco