[Mapserver-users] msOracleSpatialLayerGetShape()

Wim Blanken PI wim.blanken at planet.nl
Mon Feb 2 09:49:22 EST 2004

Hello Merlijn,

I had a simular problem a few months ago.
There is another possibility to use Oracle Spatial with Mapserver but you
have
to use OGR with the Oracle Spatial option compiled into it. Then you have
the
full access to query etc.
If you work on Linux this is possible (if you install the oracle client on
the linux box and compile ogr with
the oracle option and then compile mapserver with ogr).
If you work on Windows this is harder as you have to compile OGR on this
platform.
I had no access to a Windows C++ compiler so I switched to Linux.
The OGR option may be a bit slower as OGR stands between Mapserver and
Oracle.

Regards,

Wim Blanken
The Netherlands