[Mapserver-users] Changing inline features with CGI parameters

J. Delfos delfos18 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 19:14:35 EST 2004

This may be a very simple (read: dumb) solution, but instead of using
map-server to display your error message of "no data to display", perhaps
you should use a DHTML solution, e.g.:

- a transparent DIV, on top of your map. You can change the text in a div
dynamically (using innerhtml), and turn off the div if not needed.
- when there's no layer, replace the DHTML image with your own image (and
do not resubmit your form).

This may not be what you're looking for, but it seems more straightforward
and flexible to do it this way.

regards,

Jacob

--- "Wim Blanken (PI)" <wim.blanken at planet.nl> wrote:
> Hello Jan,
>
> Possible solutions......
>
> -Did you specify the TYPE of the Layer?
> -I use TRANSFORM OFF (and not False).
>
> So......
>
> TYPE  annotation
> TRANSFORM OFF
>
> If this is no solution, could you specify a more complete mapfile?
>
> Regards,
>
> Wim Blanken
> Geon bv
> The Netherlands

...&map_webuser_feature=new&map_webuser_feature_points=12345.6789+12345.6789