[Mapserver-users] Changing inline features with CGI parameters

Jan Hartmann jhart at frw.uva.nl
Mon Feb 2 11:03:28 EST 2004

Wim Blanken (PI) wrote:
> Hello Jan,
>
> Possible solutions......
>
> -Did you specify the TYPE of the Layer?
> -I use TRANSFORM OFF (and not False).
>
> So......
>
> TYPE  annotation
> TRANSFORM OFF
>
> If this is no solution, could you specify a more complete mapfile?

No, my feature layer works OK. Only when I try to change the feature's
text or position from the URL, I get back either no feature (when using
feature=new with an existing feature in the mapfile) or a segfault (when
using feature_text without having specified feature=new). This is the
(working) layer definition:

layer
   name leg
   status default
   type point
   transform false
   class
     label
        color 155 0 155
      end
   end
end

The TYPE does not seem to matter: whatever type is specified, the
behavior is the same.

Jan