[Mapserver-users] jBox - form not submitting??

Steve McCrone ms57 at streamyx.com
Tue Feb 3 21:35:49 EST 2004

Hello,

I did ask this question a few days ago, but it has caused another problem. I
am using the jBox applet. Here's what I've got -

function setbox_handler(name, minx, miny, maxx, maxy, redraw) {
  document.mapserv.imgbox.value = minx + " " + miny + " " + maxx + " " +
maxy;
  document.mapserv.imgxy.value = minx + " " + miny;
  document.mapserv.submit();
 }

function preSubmit(){
}

<form method="GET" action="[program]" name="mapserv" onSubmit="preSubmit()">

The setbox_handler function gets called when a "tool" is used, and
therefore, the document appears to be submitted. However, the preSubmit()
function does not get called. It only gets called when the user does a
"refresh" (i.e.<input type="submit" value="Refresh/Query">)

Can't figure out why the document.mapserv.submit(); statement will not
actually submit the form in order to have my preSubmit() function called  -
strange.

Thanks