[Mapserver-users] How to use mapserver to cascade arcims wms services

Larry Nolan larrynolan at gov.nl.ca
Fri Feb 6 15:17:18 EST 2004

I have a group of geological surveys which have arcims web mapping servers with tons of geological information. I would like to use mapserver to act as a one stop connection to each of those servers in a client. I have mapserver 4.0 working fine serving ogc wms map services. Does anyone have the syntax to connect to an esri arcims service which has the wms connector turned on.

I get a a general service exception when I try to connect to this layer.

 LAYER
  NAME "NAD27LandBase"
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS ON
  CONNECTION "http://gis.geosurv.gov.nf.ca/servlet/com.esri.wms.Esrimap?servicename=NAD27_Basemap"
  CONNECTIONTYPE WMS
  METADATA
     "wms_name"            "Base Map"
     "wms_server_version"  "1.1.0"
     "wms_formatlist"      "image/gif,image/png,image/jpeg,image/wbmp"
     "wms_format"          "image/gif,image/png"
  END
  PROJECTION
    "proj=tmerc"
    "lat_0=0.0"