[Mapserver-users] Australian Setup for MapServer

Balkanu GIS gis at balkanu.com.au
Sun Feb 8 18:53:47 EST 2004

Hi Nick,

Am a newbie to Mapserver too but have successfully shown ESRI shapefiles for
Cape York (Queensland) by specifying the map extent as
EXTENT 140 -11 147 -15

Not familiar with Sensis or Ausways shapefiles - if they are the same format
as ESRI .shp they should display. Otherwise, MapServer would need to have
support for the file type compiled into it. And I don't suppse the standard
version would, since they would not be common or standard types.

Good luck, keep us informaed
Yuri