[Mapserver-users] Mouse Over

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Feb 10 12:50:45 EST 2004

Hi all: The mapimage w/XML software was really more a proof-of-concept.
I never took it any further than that. The source is around if you're
interested. There are other possibilities as well. For example, in 4.0
there actually is a imagemap output object (see
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ImageMap) but I don't know
much about it. In 4.1 there is the [shpxy] tag and I've been planning to
add an attribute to allow you to output coordinates in IMAGE
coordinates. That way you could build an imagemap on the fly via the
CGI. It could also be used to populate DHTML popup objects (e.g.
http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/).

Would be happy to discuss further.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Bart van den Eijnden <bartvde at xs4all.nl> 2/7/2004 4:36:16 PM >>>
Hi Alex,

in Chameleon (www.maptools.org), which is based on PHP/Mapscript, there
is
functionality for this. It is called the "MapTips" widget. In this
widget
the approach you sketch is used (the image map approach). So if you
want
to know about performance etc, try it out with Chameleon. I don't know

about the Mapplet XML approach, maybe somebody else can comment on this

one.

Best regards,
Bart