[Mapserver-users] CAD like line styles

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Feb 13 09:37:07 EST 2004

It sounds like you ask if we have line cap styles or another
mechanism to clip the symbol being draw to the length of the line
segment it is being drawn along.

I don't think mapserver has anything like that.

And I think you will run into a similar problem if you are using a
symbol along cross hatching of a polygonal boundary. Think of a wide
pattern the intersects a polygon boundary at an angle. The pattern
will not be clipped by the polygon boundary. I think this will be
more pronounced with larger patterns.

-Steve W.