[Mapserver-users] Re: Mapserver-users digest, Vol 1 #431 - 24 msgs

Gregorio Greco g.greco at cineca.it
Sat Feb 14 14:44:50 EST 2004

Hi all,

i want to use the script shp2mysql.pl for to convert a shapefile.

My environment is Win XP with WebServer Apache running!

When i compile the script it's all ok! when I execute the script "
shp2mysql.pl name_file"

it's an error , that:
 "Can't locate object method "new" via package "Shape" (....)'.

 I believe that the problem is the subroutine "new" in the package
Shapefile.pm and I attach the first code line :

#!H:\Perl\bin\perl.exe

# Copyright (c) 2003, Attila Csipa, Manufaktura Internet Inzenjering doo

$|=1;

use DBI;
#use Geo::Coordinates::Convert;
#use Geo::ShapeFile::Shape;
#use Geo::ShapeFile::Point;
use Geo::ShapeFile;
#qw/:all/  c'era prima tra il punto e virgola

$dbname = "test";
$host = "localhost";
$dbuser = "root";
$dbpass = "";