[Mapserver-users] Problems configuring Mapserver on SuSE Linux 9.0

Christian Lindner christian.lindner at uni-dortmund.de
Sun Feb 15 09:51:30 EST 2004

Hello,
I am having problems configuring Mapserver for use on my test server
running SuSE Linux 9.0. I am a Linux novice so I've chosen SuSE Linux
because like Redhat it is a distribution which has many components
preconfigured and already installed. In my case the 'gd' library used by
Mapserver is already existent on my machine. So it should be found by
'configure'. But instead 'configure' returns a message that gd.h or
libgd.a/libgd.so could not be found. I have located a file called
'libgd.so.2' in /usr/lib but running 'configure --with-gd=/usr/lib'
brings up the same error message (since there is none of the files
needed).
What am I to do?

Many thanks for you help.
Best Regards,