[Mapserver-users] WMS Not returning Image, but no errors

Mark Rodrigo mark at markrodrigo.com
Mon Feb 16 14:42:27 EST 2004

Hello all:

I am trying to get WMS up with the 4.1 Windows binaries. All libraries seem
to be functioning ok from what I can tell. I am using the build with Gmap
just fine. I am really hell bent on setting up a WMS server but feel
embarrassed to admit that I am having trouble returning the initial image. I
hope it is something stupid. I basically can get the XML out witht the
Getcapabilities execution, but with the GetMap and the following statement I
get nothing, and nothing shows up where the images should be written.
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=gtest.map&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=Get
Map

These directories work fine for GMAP, so I would assume that they are still
writeable. Any ways, I am attaching links to my .Map file and the .xml from
get capabilities. Maybe somebody can at least get me guessing in the right
direction.

http://www.markrodrigo.com/mapserv
http://www.markrodrigo.com/gtest.htm

Thanks