[Mapserver-users] Mapscript, Debian & Server Error

Humberto Cereser Ibanez humberto at pastoraldacrianca.org.br
Thu Feb 19 07:35:50 EST 2004

Vincenzo Patruno wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Unfortunately two weeks ago my server said me "goodbye" and crashed.
> (Hard Disk problem)
> So I found a new server and I began installing all software I needed.
>
> So I installed Mapserver - Mapscript 3.6.7 (My application uses
> 'addcolor' that isn't supported by Mapserver 4)
> and I installed also PHP (4.2.3, but I installed also all versions up
> to 4.3.4)
>
> You can check the system clicking on
> http://www.geodemo.istat.it/test.php
>
> and
> http://www.geodemo.istat.it/itasca/demo_init.html
>
> But when I test my application The system has a strange behaviour
>
> If you go to
> http://www.geodemo.istat.it/gpop2001/index_e.orig.php
>
> and click "Map" the system display correctely a map
> This appens also if you select "All provinces" and "All Regions" on
> the left side of the screen
> But if you select a Geographical area other than "Italy" and you click
> "Map" the system display an error.
>
> In the error_log file you can  find: "Premature end of script headers:
> /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/php"
>
> We have the same problem using maplab.
>
> http://www.geodemo.istat.it/maplab/htdocs/index.phtml
> If you open the tutorial project and you want to display the preview
> of the mapfile, you obtain the same error.
>

> I think the problem is related somehow to display more than one layer.
> Infact, in "Geodemo" application the system fails exactly when more
> than one layer sould be displayed
> (This happens also if you zoom in)
>
> Any idea?
>

> ... On the new system I installed last version of Debian (3.0) while I
> used Red Hat 7.3 on the previous system
>
> Thanks in advance

Hi Vincenzo

I had the same problem with php-4.3.3

I followed the advice in
http://www.debianhowto.de/howtos/en/suphp/suphp_installation.html
excepting for instalation of pakage php4-cgi. I install php from sources.

My php-4.3.4 configure:
/configure --prefix=/usr/local --with-gd=/usr/local
--with-proj=/usr/local
--with-gdal=/usr/local/src/gdal-1.1.9/apps/gdal-config
--with-curl=/usr/local --with-pgsql=/usr/local/src/postgresql-7.2.1/src
/usr/include/postgresql /usr/lib --with-ncurses --with-regex=system
--without-mysql --with-freetype-dir=/usr/local --with-iconv --with-zlib
--with-t1lib=/usr/include --with-iconv --enable-cli --enable-cgi
--enable-force-cgi-redirect --enable-fastcgi --enable-gd-native-ttf
--enable-static --enable-dbase

Good luck!

Humberto Cereser Ibanez
Pastoral da Criança