[Mapserver-users] asymmetric lines

Stepan Kafka stepan.kafka at centrum.cz
Mon Feb 23 03:06:57 EST 2004

Hi Youssef,
  you may use two approaches:

1) offset lines. If you set OFFSET -99 <number> (eg -99 5) for line symbols,
the result line is parallel to original one. Stacking symbols with multiple
STYLEs you can achieve desired effect. (There is only simple (but quick)
algorithm used for offseting, so there may be some problems with very
tortuous lines)

2) Truetype symbols. If you set GAP < 0 (eg. GAP -15), the symbols are
oriented in "as digitized" orientation. Then you may set POSITION (UC, LC,
UR, ..) to get different drawing effects.

These functionality is available from 3.6.0 (?) version.

Stepan Kafka