[Mapserver-users] Mapscript and Java

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue Feb 24 14:17:02 EST 2004

Also GeoServer has a rudimentary and slowly improving WMS capability in
it.
I agree w/ Sean though -- using Mapserver as a WMS and pulling via the
open protocol has nice architectural benefits. Like if you get told to
use a different web map server, or a data source that is only supported
by a particular product. You can start w/ mapserver but always switch
to another WMS.