[Mapserver-users] Layers added but not displayed !!!

Dharani Babu dharanibabus at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 27 00:34:34 EST 2004

Thanks steve
  I got it . Ofcourse the non geomterical layers can not be projected . But
as u said
>You don't have any text labels because you have not defined any in
>your mapfile under the appropriate layers.

What exactly the LAYERS under which I can define TEXT labels ? I searched
for them in mapfile reference but could nt get to the point . Simply putting
I need the "city names , location names " on the map . As of now I have got
Landmarks and PIP in the map as they are stright forward POINT geometry . I
assume the "EntityNames" layer out of the TIGER files thro ogrinfo.exe  is
the one that contains names . Am I right ? Please shed some light on this ..
with regards and thanks in advance
dharani