[Mapserver-users] Mapscript doesn't write map file in expected order!

Xiaoyuan Geng gengx at agr.gc.ca
Fri Feb 27 09:16:40 EST 2004

Normally people using a wrapper which assigns MS_Mapfile with related
mapfile, then make the MS_Mapfile available for the web server. We can
also using such format as :
hostURL/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/mapfilepath/mapfile to load a WMS layer. So
mapfile is needed to setup a WMS in either case.

I am producing WMS enabled layers dynamically. Below is an example link
of my WMS layers.
http://wms1.agr.gc.ca/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/usr/www/httpd/htdocs/gdas/temp/my1077890254.map

If you do not want to use WMS view here is the URL for your browser:

http://wms1.agr.gc.ca/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/usr/local/ms4w/apps/gdas/htdocs/temp/my1077890254.map&service=wms&version=1.1.0&request=getmap&layers=ecoregions
In theory you can add this layer to any of WMS viewers or clients.
This mapfile has been manually edited after the unexpected mapscript
massage. I hope that there is no manual editing needed. Surely I can
write my own PHP function to do this and make it work.

Thanks!

Shawn

to set up a WMS service set up a WMS service using mapserver

>>> "Kralidis,Tom [Burlington]" <Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca> 02/26/04
01:37PM >>>

What is the URL of your WMS?  Note that mapfiles have _nothing_ to do
with
WMS.  The mapfile is the runtime configuration of mapserv CGI.

..Tom

> Thanks!
>
> Shawn

> Xiaoyuan Geng wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I am using PHP Mapscript to add more METADATA contents to a map
> file.
> > It seems that Mapscript resorts the contents of METADATA members
> before
> > I same the map file. Also mapscript adds tab instead of one space
> > between the name and the content. Any way to fix this problem?
Below