[Mapserver-users] Mapscript doesn't write map file in expected order!

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Feb 27 09:54:55 EST 2004

Xiaoyuan Geng wrote:

> http://wms1.agr.gc.ca/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/usr/local/ms4w/apps/gdas/htdocs/temp/my1077890254.map&service=wms&version=1.1.0&request=getmap&layers=ecoregions
> In theory you can add this layer to any of WMS viewers or clients.
> This mapfile has been manually edited after the unexpected mapscript
> massage. I hope that there is no manual editing needed. Surely I can
> write my own PHP function to do this and make it work.

I don't understand why you say that manual editing is required in your
case.  As I wrote in a previous message, the order of metadata entries
in the mapfile does NOT change anything to MapServer since it uses
hashtables internally.  The problem has to be somewhere else. If you can
point us to the specific thing that breaks your mapfile then we can try
to have a look.

Daniel
  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca