[Mapserver-users] Problem with tiled raster data and ms4

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Mon Jan 5 11:36:22 EST 2004

Steffen -

You might try modifying your map file to treat the TILEINDEX shape file
as a POLYGON.  That is, change the layer type to POLYGON and change the
TILEINDEX statement to a DATA statement.  This should display the
outlines of the tiles as polygons.

This will help you determine whether the problem is in accessing the
TILEINDEX file or in the tiled images themselves.

Your problem is almost certainly due, however, to the changes in path
handling between 3.6 and 4.0.  Try rebuilding your TILEINDEX with
absolute paths (I'm guessing they're relative now) and I expect that
will fix the problem.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker