[Mapserver-users] jBox

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Wed Jan 21 15:02:00 EST 2004

Michael Smith wrote:

> Should this be something to the effect of "http://192.168.110.1/[img]"  I
> did not change the path in my source it still shows "http://[host],[img].  I
> am not sure which image I should be refering too here..help!

When you view the page source in your browser (right click on the page a
select "View Source", it should look something like:
<param name='image' value='http://192.168.110.1/tmp/tc10747138481992.gif'>

Mapserver should be replacing [host] and [img] with 192.168.110.1 and
/tmp/tc10747138481992.gif.

192.168.110.1 is your host. /tmp/tc10747138481992.gif is the image which
mapserver created and the path to the image. In my case the path is
/tmp/ and the image name is tc10747138481992.gif, which is the name of
my map "tc" and a semi-random number. Each time you request a map from
mapserver it creates a new image so this will be different each time.

In your message, above, you have a slash (/) between the host and image
in one case and a comma (,) in another case. In your source template
file, there should be nothing, it should look like:
    <param name='image' value='http://[host][img]'>
When the page is rendered, the [host] and [img] should be replaced as
discussed above. This doesn't appear to be happening to you [img] tag if
I am reading your email correctly.

Try just sticking the [img] somewhere on your page an see if mapserver
does the appropriate replacement on it. Chek that an image is indeed
being created for each request. Check your IMAGEPATH and IMAGEURL in
your map file.

--
Richard Greenwood
www.greenwoodmap.com