[Mapserver-users] jBox

Wim Blanken PI wim.blanken at planet.nl
Wed Jan 21 15:52:43 EST 2004

Hello Richard,

I cannot reproduce the problem on XP as I am working at Home at the Moment.
However i can reproduce it with Windows 98 and IE 5.00.2614.3500
The status bar gives me: jBox class not found

VM: Java 5.0 Release 5.0.0.3167

Btw: In the java code you state:
Compiler issues:

Sun JDK 1.2 & 1.3 work ok, but

1.4 compiled classes won't run under MS VM (IE 5.5)?

MS J++ won't compile due to un-caught exceptions?

That gave me the idea about compiling with javac -target 1.1
As soon as I did that it ran perfectly on every system I have encountered.

By the way, I have used your additions to the Jbox and included a function
to be able to digitise points, lines and polygons. It works great in
combination with a little bit mapscript to create/update the shapefiles.
As soon as I'm finishing testing I'll post it to you.

Thanx for your efforts!!!

Wim Blanken
The Netherlands