[Mapserver-users] Re: How does each version of the Mapscript modules find its Mapserver?

Xiaoyuan Geng gengx at agr.gc.ca
Thu Jan 22 09:50:16 EST 2004

The Mapscript has nothing to do with the CGI mapserver except you need
the mapserver during the WMS url construction.

Thanks!

Shawn

From: 	Xiaoyuan Geng
To:	mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
Date: 	1/21/04 1:33PM
Subject: 	How does each version of the Mapscript modules find its
Mapserver?

Hello

I have three compiled Mapservers in my CGI-bin. I have had the
mapscript modules compiled for each of the Mapservers. How do I know
that my Mapscript module calls its corresponding Mapserver?

Would be that the solution if I copy/install  the compiled Mapservers
and Mapscripts using name conventions as:
                            mapserv_xxx     in the CGI-bin directory
                            mapscript_xxx   in the php extension
directory

Thank you very much!

Shawn