[Mapserver-users] WMS metadata and .wld files

Eric Sokolowsky eric.sokolowsky at gsfc.nasa.gov
Thu Jan 22 10:58:13 EST 2004

I have been able to compile and run mapserv as a WMS server for images.
It was necessary to include .wld files for each of the layers that I
serve.  But is it supported to get the geo-referencing metadata from the
wms_extent field instead of the external .wld file?  My guess is that it
is not.  Is somebody adding this ability?  If not, then I would like
to add it and submit the changes back to the mapserver maintainers for
everybody's use.

I am using mapserver 4.0.1 on Red Hat Linux 9.

--
    ____   __     Eric Sokolowsky    (GST)  NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
   / __/__/_/__  Visualization Programmer    Scientific Visualization Studio