[Mapserver-users] simple mapserver configuration

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Thu Jan 22 11:31:29 EST 2004

> MapServer version 4.0.1 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
> SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE

"http://svsdev.gsfc.nasa.gov/esok/cgi-bin/map?"
>       "wms_title" "NASA GSFC SVS Animation Catalog"
>     END
>   END
>
>   OUTPUTFORMAT
>     NAME png
>     DRIVER "GD/PNG"
>     MIMETYPE "image/png"
>     IMAGEMODE RGB
>     EXTENSION "png"
>   END
>
>   LAYER
>     NAME "EARTH_PNG"
>     TYPE RASTER
>     STATUS ON
>     DATA "earth.png"
>     METADATA
>       "wms_title" "Earth png"
>       "wms_extent" "-110 -20 -70 20"
>     END
>   END
>
> END

I'd change your MAP EXTENT to match your EARTH_PNG layer extent and test it
like that first before pulling back.
I was going to ask about your earth.png being georeferenced or not, but I
see you are using the wms_extent setting - I've never seen that before.  I
assume it works properly, otherwise why not try a different image format.
I also wonder if this is just an issue for your raster layer.  Since all
your raster layer inputs are going through GDAL, why not try to get basic
shape files working first since your mapserv supports it directly.

Anyway, just some ideas.