[Mapserver-users] Configure Error

Keith Campbell scoota at supanet.com
Thu Jan 22 17:09:01 EST 2004

Hi All,

I'm sure this is basic stuff to most of you. i'm trying to install
MapServer on Solaris. When running the configure, i get the following:-
'configure: error: Could not find gd.h or libgd.a/libgd.so in
/export/home/local/
util/gd-2.0.15. Make sure GD 2.0.12 or higher is compiled before calling
configure.'
I've not been responsible for the GD install, but I'm assuming that
because neither libgd.a nor libgd.so is in the
/export/home/local/util/gd-2.0.15 directory that GD has not been
compiled. Am I right? How can I tell if it is? There's loads of other
files in the directory, but presumably the presence of one in particualr
will tell me if GD has been compiled.

Thanks,

Keith