[Mapserver-users] Line drawing on Map - Pacific route

stephane nicolas stephane_n at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 5 06:31:27 EDT 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C46283.9BF79B70

Hi All,

I am using mapserver to display locations on map and lines between these
locations.

I am looking to get mapserver to draw routes over the pacific ocean.

Say if i do a route from Los Angeles to Sydney mapserver will draw a =
line
over Australia, Indian Ocean, Africa, Atlantic and then across America.

I would prefer the line to go across the pacific i.e the shortest =
distance
between the two locations and not over the rest of the world.

Example:

At the moment my map displays the line that way

Los Angeles ---------------- > ---------------- > Sydney

I am looking to draw lines that way

---------------- >Los Angeles Sydney ---------------- >=20

I am using the latest version of mapserver and all my locations are =
stored
in SQL (long/lat)

=20

St=E9phane NICOLAS

=20

=20

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C46283.9BF79B70

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2149" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT size=3D2>
<P>Hi All,</P>
<P>I am using mapserver to display locations on map and lines between =
these=20
locations.</P>
<P>I am looking to get mapserver to draw routes over the pacific =
ocean.</P>
<P>Say if i do a route from Los Angeles to Sydney mapserver will draw a =
line=20
over Australia, Indian Ocean, Africa, Atlantic and then across =
America.</P>
<P>I would prefer the line to go across the pacific i.e the shortest =
distance=20
between the two locations and not over the rest of the world.</P>
<P>Example:</P>
<P>At the moment my map displays the line that way</P>
<P>Los Angeles ---------------- &gt; ---------------- &gt; Sydney</P>
<P>I am looking to draw lines that way</P>
<P>---------------- &gt;Los Angeles Sydney ---------------- &gt; </P>
<P>I am using the latest version of mapserver and all my locations are =
stored in=20
SQL (long/lat)</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>St=E9phane NICOLAS</P></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV class=3DSection1>
<P class=3DMsoAutoSig><?xml:namespace prefix =3D o ns =3D=20
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></P></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C46283.9BF79B70--