[Mapserver-users] Researching the Capabilities of MapServer

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Mon Mar 1 11:32:54 EST 2004

------_=_NextPart_001_01C3FFAA.D924E29E

Oh, one big ommission on my part:
=20
Some fo the things you talk about could potentially need a Java applet:
=20
The Distance measuring tool can be implemented on the client using a =
Java
applet, there are a few alreadin existence that probably provide this
functionality (I don't know for sure, I have severe allergic reactions =
Java in the browser).  Otherwise you can always go back to the server =
and
figure it out there obviously.  Some people have implemented in =
JavaScript,
such as the Chameleon toolkit ( http://www.maptools.org
<http://www.maptools.org>  ).
=20
The buffer you're pretty much going to NEED a Java applet, as I've =
never
heard of any way to draw circles in a browser in any other =
cross-browser way
(There's also the possibility of using SVG or Flash interfaces =
actually, but
that may be less cross-platform).
=20
J.F.