[Mapserver-users] SLD Problems

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Mar 8 15:05:13 EST 2004

Hi Guys,

Just for clarification -- "Studio" remains pretty much an internal
development piece at the moment. We're still uncertain how we plan to
distribute it (although you can count on seeing it in some way soon
enough!!) For that matter, we're not even sure what we'll be calling it
yet. ;)

It's a pretty cool environment for styling remote data sources via SLD
and also for managing local data layers through MapServer and a Mapfile.
We're currently trying to decide if it should be released as a
stand-alone utility, or only bundled within a future 3.0 release of MapLab.

At the moment though, we've only made it accessible to a relatively
small group of people as we don't have the capacity at the moment to
support it beyond a few individuals. We'll follow up with much more
information in the months ahead.

and if you're really keen to learn more about it ... come out to the
next MapServer user meeting in Ottawa - I'm sure there will be
discussions on it then! ;)

http://www.omsug.ca/osgis2004/index.html

Dave