[Mapserver-users] Question about wld/gfw file

TOH CZ cz_toh at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 01:22:32 EST 2004

Hi, I have a few questions about the wld/gfw files
used in mapserver
1) Do I need to create a new wld/gfw file for each of
my own maps?
2) How do you determine what to put into the wld/gfw
file?
I tried searching the archives, I could not find one
that contained information about using GIF files
Right now, my file shows a blank GIF image

MAP
  IMAGETYPE      GIF
  EXTENT         201621.496941 -294488.285333
1425518.020722 498254.511514
  SIZE           400 300
  SHAPEPATH      "C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\htdocs\tutorial\data"
  IMAGECOLOR     255 255 255

  PROJECTION
    "proj=laea"
    "ellps=clrk66"
    "lat_0=45"
    "lon_0=-100"
  #
  # Alternatively, you can specify an EPSG code.
  # "init=epsg:2163"
  #
  END

  # Start of LAYER DEFINITIONS
  LAYER # States polygon layer begins here
    NAME         tp_genmap
    DATA         "tp_genmap.gif"
    STATUS       DEFAULT
    TYPE         RASTER