[Mapserver-users] WFS Anyone?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 22 17:18:04 EST 2004

Keith Campbell wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I've discovered what the problem was - MapServer had not been compiled
> --with-wfs as I thought it had - D'oh! Anyway, it's been recompiled
> appropriately and the GetCapabilities request does work. However, the
> GetFeature request returns this error:-
>
> msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. no system list, errno: 2
>
> So far the MapServer error messages I've come across have been
> self-explanatory, but I'm not sure about that one. Presumably it's come
> from PROJ4, but I don't know what system list it's referring to. Any
> ideas? And how do I put this right?

Keith,

The error text you see actually indicates that the attempt to turn a system
provided error number (2) into a message failed because strerrno() was not
configured for use on the system.  That errno value likely is ENOENT meaning
basically, file not found.  That is the projections library looked for a file,
likely the "epsg" file but could not find it.

This error reporting sucks, and I am at fault unfortunately.

Anways, ensure you have the proj.4 support files fully installed (they usually
would end up in /usr/local/share/proj) and then if they still aren't found set
the PROJ_LIB environment variable to point to the directory where they are
found.  You likely need at least the "epsg" file.  Possibly also the nad83/27
datum shifting files if you are working with data requiring datuming shifting on
the fly.

Best regards,