[Mapserver-users] arcgrid to ascii(etc)

Jason M. Nielsen jnielsen at aero-graphics.com
Mon May 3 12:26:49 EDT 2004

Quoting Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com>:

> Jason,
>
> I hope the above isn't the complete error message.  It should have reported
> something about AAIGrid does not support Create() method.  For gdalwarp you
> will have to output to a format that supports random writing of raster data
> (aka has a Create() method - such as GeoTIFF).  Then translate to Arc/Info
> ASCII Grid with gdal_translate.

Part of my cut and past didnt make it into the email.

Output driver `AAIGrid' not recognised or does not support
direct output file creation.  The following format drivers are configured
and support direct output:
  VRT: Virtual Raster
  GTiff: GeoTIFF
  NITF: National Imagery Transmission Format
  HFA: Erdas Imagine Images (.img)
  ELAS: ELAS
  MEM: In Memory Raster
  BMP: MS Windows Device Independent Bitmap
  PNM: Portable Pixmap Format (netpbm)
  ENVI: ENVI .hdr Labelled
  PAux: PCI .aux Labelled
  MFF: Atlantis MFF Raster
  MFF2: Atlantis MFF2 (HKV) Raster

Anyhow, I was unaware of not being able to go directly through gdalwarp. I tried
the gdal_translate and it seems to have had no problem.

Thanks!